The Human Resource Manager will be responsible for recruitment and retention strategies, health and safety initiatives, performance management, employee orientation and policy development. You will assist in the growth of the organization whilst working closely with both internal and external stakeholders.
Xediton is a small privately-held pharmaceutical company with a focus on meeting the needs of patients, physicians and partners. We are committed to developing, partnering and making available new and established medicines to promote the health of Canadians. We are located in Oakville, Ontario
Skills & Experience
The successful candidate is a highly motivated, enthusiastic, and dynamic team player who is resourceful and dedicated and has competencies in adapting to changing environments.
- Extensive experience in recruitment, retention, and performance management
- Discretion, diplomacy, leadership and mentoring skills
- Proven negotiation skills, consensus building, and strong conflict resolution skills.
- Proven ability to handle sensitive and confidential information while acting with consistent ethics, integrity and discretion.
- Broad knowledge of employment law, compensation and organizational planning,
- Highly energetic team player with a strong attention to detail and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Very strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage own workload whilst multi-tasking in order to meet deadlines
- Detail-oriented, Maintain a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- High energy, self-motivated, and results-oriented
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- University Degree or CHRP designation
- Must have at least 5 years hands-on HR experience
- Demonstrates discretion, confidentiality, sound judgment, and sensitivity in dealing with internal and external stakeholders
- Lead and facilitate performance management and progressive discipline of staff.
- Manage all compliance matters
Specific responsibilities include:
- Implement and administer employee policies, policy development and documentation; and promote positive employee relations
- Ensure compliance with employment legislation
- Conduct and manage recruitment, candidate screening and assessment
- Oversee compensation structure and incentives, including payroll, and benefit programs
- Develop and maintain company policies in compliance with the Employment Standards Act and the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Responsible for Employee Training, Onboarding, Development and Needs Assessment
- Provide guidance, policy interpretation and direction to staff on issues of employee relations, HR & organizational policies and procedures
- Responsible for Talent Management and Employee Performance Management- Provide coaching and counselling to staff on performance management, rewards and recognition
- Coordinate company-wide communications and social functions
- Manage performance or discipline matters with staff, utilize progressive discipline principles, create Performance Improvement Plans
- Work with management as well as employees to maintain a strong and positive working environment
- Facilitate talent reviews, workforce planning and organizational development initiatives
- Maintain all documents and procedures related to Human Resources, including but not limited to Employee Handbook, Organizational charts, onboarding checklists
- Participate in various HR projects as required.
Salary: Full Time $70,000 to $80,000 per annum with Benefits. Part time will be pro-rated
If you are ambitious, looking to be part of something that has significant growth potential and this opportunity is of interest, we would like to hear from you. Please include your salary expectations. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply, please upload your resume and cover letter by completing the form below or email to firstname.lastname@example.org