The BD & Alliance Manager has responsibility to oversee the formation of business partnerships and partner-relationship management and the execution of strategies to maximize revenue and value through in-licensing and product acquisitions.
Xediton is a small privately-held pharmaceutical company with a focus on meeting the needs of patients, physicians, and partners. We are committed to developing, partnering, and making available new and established medicines to promote the health of Canadians. We are located in Oakville, Ontario
Skills & Experience
The successful candidate is a highly motivated, enthusiastic and dynamic team player who is resourceful and dedicated and has competencies in adapting to changing environments.
- University degree in Business or Science.
- At least 5 years relevant experience in pharmaceuticals in Marketing or Medical or Business Development
- A good and general understanding of the Canadian pharma industry, including Pricing, Reimbursement, Sales and marketing in the Canadian environment.
- Proficient computer skills: Strong Excel use required- Intermediate or Advanced Excel experience in modeling or analysis air modelling.
- Excellent use and knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint and ability to produce well designed professional PowerPoint presentations.
- Excellent stakeholder relationship management. Able to develop and nurture relationships with diverse groups of stakeholders into Xediton’s partners.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Developed interpersonal skills, good team player.
- Superior organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and deadlines, works well under pressure and has a sense of urgency.
- Strong project management skills required and capable of working on multiple projects at the same time.
- Develop Entrepreneurial spirit and strong business acumen required.
- Maintain a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of integrity, outstanding professional demeanour and discretion.
- The successful candidate will be interested in the business and have hands-on approach and be involved with reshaping the business.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time
Specific responsibilities include:
- Identify, research and evaluate potential in-licensing products and opportunities to meet the business’ short-term and long-term objectives.
- Identify areas where the business can increase its footprint, including new partnerships and new markets.
- Identify key decision-makers within targeted organizations, build and nurture long-term relationships that lead to new execution of deals.
- In collaboration with the Management team, develop criteria for product opportunities for the organization.
- Support Management in developing a BD plan in line with our short and long-term goals.
- Support Management in developing strategies from market data, medical/clinical data, product data, clinical profile/indications/patents of product, and develop detailed analysis including forecast for the product opportunity.
- Ability and capacity to research potential products, potential competitors to the target product/opportunity and provide meaningful analysis.
- Work collaboratively as part of the Due Diligence Team for all products and opportunities in alignment with organizational requirements
- Preparation of Business Cases and Plans to support ‘Go/No-Go’ decisions.
- Assist in negotiating deals and work with Legal to finalize Commercial agreements for completed deals.
- Responsible for providing timely and accurate reporting of pipeline, future plans and Business Development plans and activity by country.
- Coordinate with cross-functional team from product and opportunity research through to launch readiness.
- Create and maintain a Deal Flow database.
- Responsible for Alliance Management and Deal Management
- Drive and develop relationships with existing partners to maximize revenue and collaboration opportunities.
$100,000 per annum
If this opportunity is of interest to you and are looking to working in a small company with growth opportunities, we would like to speak with you. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply, please upload your resume and cover letter by completing the form below or email to firstname.lastname@example.org