The Assistant Controller will provide service to both external customers and also support internal management. The Assistant Controller will assist in developing and maintaining accounting policies and procedures.
Xediton is a small privately-held pharmaceutical company with a focus on meeting the needs of patients, physicians and partners. We are committed to developing, partnering and making available new and established medicines to promote the health of Canadians. We are located in Mississauga, Ontario
Skills & Experience
The successful candidate is a highly motivated, enthusiastic and dynamic team player who is resourceful and dedicated and has competencies in adapting to changing environments.
- At least 4 years relevant experience
- University degree and or Accounting designation required.
- Proficient computer skills; Advanced Excel user
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Deep understanding of Accounting software and systems
- Strong understanding of Accounting principles and Double -entry accounting
- Developed interpersonal skills, good team player.
- Superior organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and deadlines, works well under pressure and has a sense of urgency.
- Maintain a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to keep financial information confidential and demonstrate a high level of integrity.
- The successful candidate will be interested in the business and have hands-on approach and be involved with reshaping the business.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage daily operations including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Cash Management and Payroll
- Manage the General Ledger and all supporting sub ledgers, including fixed assets, inventories, prepaids and accruals.
- Providing monthly financial reporting and analysis to management.
- Preparing financial statements and analytical reports as part of the monthly reporting package.
- Regular account reconciliation and preparation of journal entries.
- Assist in preparing budgets and forecasts and report actuals against forecasts.
- Ensure employee payroll is input into external provider’s system and prepare reports and entries.
- Perform regular activities related to inter-company transactions as required.
- Assist in process and control systems development.
- Act as finance advisor and service provider to the business unit
- Prepare short and long-term forecasts and budgets and product P&Ls and analysis
- Assist in coordinating and participating in physical inventory counts; investigate variances as needed and prepare adjusting entries.
- Ability to prepare complex analysis to support new and ongoing projects and initiatives.
- Assist in the day-to-day running of the office.
$52,000 per annum
If this opportunity is of interest to you and are looking to work in a small company with growth opportunities, we would like to speak to you. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply, please upload your resume and cover letter by completing the form below or email to email@example.com