Vimovo 375/20mg Tabs
INFORMATION FOR THE PATIENT
What the medication is used for:
VIMOVO® treats the signs and symptoms of:
- Rheumatoid arthritis.
- Ankylosing spondylitis.
VIMOVO® helps to reduce pain, swelling, redness and heat (inflammation). It is used for people who:
- need to take an anti-inflammatory medicine.
- are at risk of getting a stomach ulcer (sore) or an ulcer in the small intestine (gut).
VIMOVO® contains 2 drugs which work together:
- Naproxen belongs to a group of medicines called “nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs” (NSAIDs). It reduces the substances in your body which cause pain and swelling.
- Esomeprazole belongs to a group of medicines called “proton pump inhibitors” (PPIs). It reduces the amount of acid produced by your stomach.
- Naproxen can damage the stomach but esomeprazole helps reduce this damage.
VIMOVO® only treats the symptoms of pain and inflammation of the illness as long as you use it. VIMOVO® does not cure the illness.
When it should not be used:
Do not use VIMOVO® if:
- you have heart bypass surgery (planning to have or recently had).
- you have severe, uncontrolled heart failure.
- you have bleeding in the brain or other bleeding disorders.
- you are pregnant (after 28 weeks of pregnancy).
- you are currently breastfeeding (or planning to breastfeed).
- you are allergic to ASA (Acetylsalicylic Acid), other NSAIDs, naproxen, esomeprazole, substituted benzimidazoles or other ingredients of VIMOVO (see “What are the Ingredients in VIMOVO”).
- you have an active ulcer.
- you have active bleeding from the stomach or gut
- you have inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn’s Disease or Ulcerative Colitis).
- you have liver disease (active or severe).
- you have kidney disease (severe or worsening).
- you have high potassium in the blood.
- you are taking rilpivirine
What the medicinal ingredient is:
Naproxen (enteric-coated, delayed release core) and Esomeprazole (as esomeprazole magnesium trihydrate, immediate release coating)
What the nonmedicinal ingredients are:
Carnauba wax, croscarmellose sodium, glycerol monostearate, hypromellose, iron oxide black, iron oxide yellow, macrogols, magnesium stearate, methacrylic acid-ethyl acrylate copolymer (1:1) dispersion, methyl parahydroxybenzoate, polydextrose, polysorbate, povidone, propylene glycol, propyl parahydroxybenzoate, silica colloidal anhydrous, titanium dioxide and triethyl citrate.
What dosage forms it comes in:
VIMOVO® (naproxen/esomeprazole) 375/20 mg tablets are yellow, oval film coated tablets printed ‘375/20’ in black ink on one side.
ABOUT THE DISEASE
Click here to download the Product Monograph
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in /home/customer/www/xediton.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/includes/wc-product-functions.php on line 916